I am so over the heat and ready for Fall! Cooler temperatures. Autumn breezes. Leaves turning a vibrant array of colors before softly falling to the ground. Pumpkins. Cinnamon. And, of course, apples. Fresh, crisp apples. I am so ready for Fall that I whipped up a Fresh Apple Bundt Cake for Sunday dinner.
Fresh Apple Bundt Cake combines apples, coconut, & nuts baked together in a buttery cinnamon cake. No glaze, drizzle, or powdered sugar needed!
I recommend mixing Fresh Apple Bundt Cake by hand with a large spoon. If you choose to use an electric mixer and your stand mixer has a low setting for folding ingredients, do not use it. Fold the apples, coconut, and nuts in by hand.
When testing for doneness, this cake needs to checked in multiple places around the cake. If you find that one side is not as done as the other, gently turn the pan 180° to allow for an even distribution of heat.
Fresh Apple Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh apples, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease & flour Bundt pan or spray well with Baker’s Joy.
- Mix first six ingredients together.
- Fold in apples, coconut, and pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Spread evenly.
- Place in preheated oven & bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven & allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Fresh Apple Bundt Cake can be served warm or room temperature.