- 4 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese – cheddar or Colby jack
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3-3/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- Sauté red peppers in 1 tablespoon of butter small skillet for 3 minutes. Add spinach & continue cooking for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Spray silicone egg bite mold with non-stick cooking spray and spoon red pepper and spinach mixture into each cup. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the eggs, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, heavy cream, onion powder and salt until well blended.
- Pour egg batter evenly into each egg bite cup.
- Pour 1 cup of water into Instant pot. Cover egg bite mold with foil. Place mold on wire trivet and lower into pot. Secure lid and set to “steam” for 8 minutes. When cycle is complete, let naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest.
- Remove egg bite mold from Instant Pot & allow to cool for another 5-10 minutes. Remove foil & flip mold upside down onto plate. If egg bites do not fall out of the mold, run a dull knife around the edges to loosen.