What do you do when you didn’t buy the right size of an ingredient for a recipe? You modify the recipe. And sometimes that creates a new addition to your go-to list of quick, easy, and delicious recipes! This was the case for me last night and Oreo cheesecake fluff was born!
Yesterday, our son was coming over for supper and I bought the regular size package of Oreos, not the family sized needed for my No Bake Oreo Cheesecake. I didn’t have time to go back to the store and changing recipes wasn’t an option because I had promised my baby Oreo cheesecake. My solution was to use the smaller size package of cookies and just stir it all together into a fluff rather than layer it as a cheesecake. The results were so good that I may never layer it as a cheesecake again. I very well may become an Oreo cheesecake fluff fan for life! Plus, it’s lower in fat because I was able to leave out the butter since I wasn’t making a crust.
If you’d like another fabulous no bake cheesecake recipe, visit my Pineapple Woolworth No Bake Cheesecake!
History of Oreos
Did you know that Oreos have been around for more than a hundred years? Click here to learn more about one of America’s most beloved cookies.
- 2 packs unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 regular size package Oreo cookies
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Soften gelatin in water. Heat in a small pan over low heat until dissolved.
- While the gelatin dissolves, crush the Oreos to fine crumbs. I use a food processor. Set aside a few cookies to use as garnish, if you wish.
- Whip heavy cream & 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside. I recommend placing it in the refrigerator until needed.
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese & 1 cup sugar. Slowly add milk & gelatin, mixing until smooth.
- Fold crushed cookies & whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Cover & chill for at least 2 hours.