The recipe book calls this an almond cream cheese pound cake, but it so much lighter and moister than a typical pound cake that I call it an almond cream cheese bundt cake. It is so yummy, no icing or frosting is necessary, but a light sprinkle of powdered sugar makes it look nice if you are taking it somewhere or company is coming over.
Personally, I like to eat this cake while it is still a little warm.
Tube Pan or Bundt Pan?
Baking in a tube pan or Bundt pan – is there a difference? Does it really matter? There are differences and, in the end, they really don’t matter for most recipes.
The biggest differences between a tube pan and a Bundt pan are shape and color. While they are both round and have a tube in the center, a Bundt pan has decorative groves with a rounded top and a tube pan has straight sides and a flat top. When it comes to color, for the inside of a Bundt pan, lighter is better. Darker colored Bundt pans tend to over bake the cake. Bundt pans commonly have a non-stick finish, while tube pans typically have an uncoated finish.
Visit Southern Living to learn more.
When greasing your pan, pay special attention to the center tube. It should be greased very well or you risk the cake sticking rather than coming out clean. The same goes for any decorative grooves your pan may have.
For another yummy Bundt cake made with cream cheese, check out my Fudge Ribbon Cake – a chocolate Bundt cake with a cheesecake filling baked in!
Almond Cream Cheese Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 yellow or golden butter cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray bundt pan with Bakers Joy or grease & flour. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl. Blend on low until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Place in center of oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15-20 minutes. Remove cake from pan. Cool.
- Optional: Lightly dust cooled cake with powdered sugar.