The recipe book calls this one a pound cake, but it so much lighter and moister than a typical pound cake, I call it a bundt cake. It is so yummy, no icing or frosting is necessary, but a light sprinkle of powdered sugar makes it look nice if you are taking it somewhere or company is coming over. Personally, I like to eat it while it still a little warm.
- 1 yellow or golden butter cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray bundt pan with Bakers Joy or grease & flour. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl. Blend on low until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Place in center of oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15-20 minutes. Remove cake from pan. Cool.
- Optional: Lightly dust cooled cake with powdered sugar.