This is such an easy recipe. And it is so good! A friend from church gave it to me over 20 years ago and it has been my go to banana nut bread ever since. I have tried other recipes over the years, but none have been as good, or as easy, as this one.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts – I use walnuts, but pecans would work, too. If you like it really nutty, like I do, use a heaping 1/2 cup or even 3/4 cup of nuts.
Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
- Add egg and whisk.
- Place bananas in bowl and mash. Add vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend. It will seem a bit dry at first, but don’t worry. After a little stirring, it will moisten. Do not over mix, though!
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.