I found the original recipe on Pinterest. I didn’t need to make such a big pot, so I halved it & made a few tweaks.
This recipe would be really easy to make vegan. Eliminate the chicken & use veggie broth.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can chicken broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
Put everything in your crock pot. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Remove chicken, shred, & return to crock pot.
Serve with shredded cheese & guacamole.
- 1 ripe avacado, peeled, seeded, & sliced
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
Put ingredients in food processor & blend until smooth.