Nutella Rice Krispy treats – what’s not to love!
I adore rice krispy treats! Not the thins ones, either. I like them thick. As in a double batch in the same size pan as a single recipe thick. I always add vanilla and extra marshmallows, too. On more than one occasion I have had a child tell their mother, “Mom, her’s are so much better than yours.” To date, most of the moms have asked me what I do different; only one has gotten upset. The only thing I do differently is to add vanilla and make ’em thick.
As I went to the pantry to get the ingredients for a fresh batch of regular Rice Krispy treats, I spotted a jar of Nutella. “Hmmm. Nutella Rice Krispy treats. That could be really good.”, I thought, “Let’s try it!”
For the first batch, I didn’t use enough Nutella or vanilla. I remedied that for the second batch and they turned out divine! Scroll down for the recipe.
If you enjoy chocolate and peanut butter, be sure to check out my Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats!
History of Nutella
Have you ever wondered about the story behind the global phenomenon that is Nutella? Wonder no more! Click here for link to its history.
Use wax paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray to press treats into pan.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 – 10 oz bags miniature marshmallows
- 13 oz jar Nutella
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 12 oz box Rice Krispies
- Melt butter & marshmallows in large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add in Nutella, stirring until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix in cereal until well blended & coated evenly.
- Press cereal mixture while still warm into 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Allow to set for an hour, then cut into squares.