Roasted red pepper hummus is a staple in our home. Not only is it delicious, it is extremely good for you!
Health benefits of eating hummus include:
- It’s packed with plant-based protein, providing 7.9 grams per serving.
- Reduces inflammation.
- High in fiber
- It has a low glycemic index.
- It contains several ingredients that may help reduce risk factors for heart disease.
For a really healthy treat, try eating raw veggies with hummus instead of ranch dressing.
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans (also called chick peas), rinsed & drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, roasted
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend until very smooth.
To roast pepper:
Wash & clean pepper.
Place halves on baking pan that has been covered with foil, shiny side up.
Place under broiler until blistered & blackened.
Place in ziploc bag. Allow to cool. Remove skins.