When I needed a soup that could be pureed very smooth, I came up with this cheesy, creamy spinach potato soup. I have made it without pureeing and it’s just as good!
Creamy spinach potato soup is perfect for the days following an orthodontist appointment or oral surgery when all you can tolerate or are allowed to eat are smoothly blended foods! During those times, it seems like all of the smooth foods are sweet and loaded with sugar. With creamy spinach potato soup, you’re getting lots of nutrients from veggies!
- 5-6 medium potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 celery stalk, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 16 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese or 3/4 lb Velveeta
- Place potatoes, carrots, broth, garlic, onion or onion powder, & celery or celery salt in stock pot & bring to a boil. Cover & simmer for 1/2 an hour or until veggies are tender.
- Add spinach & stir until wilted.
- Add milk & cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- If pureeing, allow soup to cool for at least an hour. Once soup has cooled, ladle into blender in batches & blend until smooth.
Looking for another yummy soup? Try Zucchini Vegetable Chowder!