- 1.5 lb pork loin
- 1 lb fresh Brussel sprouts
- 3 T olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 T olive oil
- 2/3 cup plum or fig jam or preserves
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Trim stem of Brussel sprouts & remove any bruised leaves. Rinse in cold water. Crosshatch an x in the bottom of each sprout.
Toss Brussel sprouts in 3 tablespoons olive oil & salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Place brown sugar in a small bowl. Mince garlic into the bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil & blend with a fork.
4. Rinse pork loin & pat dry. Place pork loin in baking dish. Rub half of brown sugar onto loin. Flip the loin over & rub on the remaining half of brown sugar.
Place Brussel sprout evenly around the pork loin & place in 375 oven.
Bake for 50 minutes.
5. While the pork loin & Brussel sprouts are roasting, make the reduction.
Place jam or preserves & balsamic vinegar in small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce about 5 minutes or until sauce is as thick as you would like.
6. After baking 50 minutes, remove pork loin & Brussel sprouts from oven. Allow pork to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Slice pork loin to desired thickness. Place reduction on top or to the side. Serve with Brussel sprouts & other side dish of your choice.