Pralines (I make mine the day before I make the cheesecake.)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup half and half
1 1/4 cups pecans
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cook brown sugar, sugar, half and half, and butter over low heat until sugars dissolve and butter melts.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir constantly 6-8 minutes or until candy thermometer reads 238°. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and let stand 3 minutes.
- Beat with wooden spoon 3 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool completely.
2 cups pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom and sides of greased 10-inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
1 cup crumbled pralines
5 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
16 oz. sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
- Sprinkle praline crumbles over crust.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir in whipping cream and lemon juice.
- Pour into crust.
- Place spring form pan on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool for 1 hour.
- Stir together sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar, spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Garnish with pralines.
I failed to take a picture of the cheesecake. I found the one above on recipes.com