Many, many years ago when my husband was in seminary, one of his professors brought this recipe to share with the class. The professor’s wife had made crock pot macaroni & cheese the night before and he felt it was so good that it needed to be shared with the class. I made it later that week and the professor was right. This recipe needs to be shared!
History of the Crock Pot
Few inventions changed the way we cook and enabled a gender to leave the kitchen to pursue other options and interests like the crock pot! Click here to learn how the crock pot got its start.
While this recipe is made in your crock pot, it is not one that you can leave to cook all day while your are at work. However, the 3 hour 15 minute cook time is perfect for cooking while you are at church, ball practice, shopping, etc.
On days when you don’t have time to let it cook for over 3 hours, you can bake it in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes. When you need something even faster than that, try my stove top quick & easy mac & cheese!
Recipe for Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese
- 8 oz macaroni
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup regular milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add macaroni & cook for 7 minutes. Drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, butter your crock pot so that things don’t stick while cooking. Taking the time to do this now will save you time during cleanup.
- Put all of the ingredients, except for 1/2 cup cheese, in the crock pot & combine. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook on low for 3 hours 15 minutes.