Who doesn’t love a cookie that tastes like a candy bar? Especially when it combine chocolate, coconut, and almonds. Almond Joy cookies – it’s like eating two treats at once!
History of Almond Joy Candy Bars
Almond Joy candy bars were introduced in 1946 by the Peter Paul Candy Co to replace the Dream Bar. Click here to learn more about this beloved candy and watch the famous jingle from the 1970s.
Recipe for Almond Joy Cookies
The original recipe makes 6-7 dozen cookies, which is way too many for my crew. This recipe is half of the original, making around 3 dozen cookies.
- 1 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, stir in the vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed then stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.